Murray Community School
The Mission of the Murray Community School is to provide a safe and orderly learning environment in which all students may work toward achievement of their full social, physical, emotional and cognitive potential through the cooperation of home, school and community.
District News and Updates
- 5/19 JR High/ High School CLASS REGISTRATION
Now is the time to pick your classes for next year. You will have to sign in to JMC to select your classes for next year. Check out the video for instructions and the course list below. Then go to JMC and pick your classes.
Video tutorial click HERE
Course handbook click HERE
- 5/6 The Murray Community School District would like to take this opportunity to thank Alan Miller for his service to the district. As you have probably seen by now, Mr. Miller will be leaving us in June after 11 years of service to our school. Under his leadership, our district has made significant improvements in facilities, technology, and finances. We will miss him and wish him the best in his future endeavors.
With change comes new opportunity, and we are proud to introduce Ken Kasper as our new Superintendent. Ken has been at East Union for two years and will be shared 50/50 between the two districts starting July 1. Please watch for future announcements of a Meet & Greet to be held as we get closer to the new school year.
The Murray Mustang Family has a proud history and we are excited for our future!
- 4/20- The Murray Plant and Flower Sale will be done online this year with drive-through pick-up. The link to order and for additional details including pick up information can be found HERE.
- 4/14- Following the announcement earlier today from Governor Reynolds, Murray Community Schools will be closed for the remainder for the School year. Spring sports are also cancelled. Distance learning will continue per classroom teacher schedules. For more information on classroom teachers Office Hours please check the Distance Learning page.
- 4/15- REMINDER-Murray Lions Scholarships are to be in the school office by Friday, April 17, 2020, 3:30pm. These may be scanned & emailed to: email@example.com Any questions should be sent to Ms. Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4/10- Lots of news this week for Murray Students and Parents
- Chromebooks will be made available for all students pk-7th wanting them for distance learning, to get one come to the school with a parent or guardian beginning April 16th
- Murray School is offering grab and go lunches for students and siblings until April 30th. Lunches can now be picked up on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-10:30 AM beginning April 14th THIS IS A CHANGE IN PICK UP DAYS AND TIMES
- We are in need of volunteers to help with student lunches if you are able please sign up HERE
- Teachers are posting classwork and hosting class meetings for Distance learning. School work is also available through take-home packets. See the Distance Learning Page for more details
- Pre-K Roundup originally scheduled for Friday the 17th has been postponed check back later for more details
- 4/3- Following the announcement yesterday from the Governor, Murray Community Schools will now be closed through April 30th, Garb and Go meals will be available from the school. In addition all teachers have assignments and work available on their class websites and Google classroom Sites. We will keep you informed as we work through the new state guidance.
3/21- On 3/19 The City, County, local officials, and medical professionals came together to discuss, in a Town Hall meeting, the impact the Coronavirus and COVID-19 is having on the community. Below is the link to the video of the Town hall. https://osceolaia.net/town-hall/
GreenHills AEA has opened some resources to students and families so learning can continue check out the resources HERE
3/16- Based on Governor Reynolds recommendation, Murray Community Schools will be closed Monday 3/16 through Friday 3/27. There will be no access to the building. Additional information about access and duration will be shared at a later date. Also, Iowa high school Unified Activities partners: the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union, the Iowa High School Athletic Association, the Iowa High School Music Association, and the Iowa High School Speech Association. Has suspended a number of events and schedules have changed. More information and schedule updates will be provided as they become available from each of the activity organizations. Please see the link below for more details about events through the Iowa High School Unified Activities partners.
Murray Elementary has received an Exceptional Rating for the State Educational Report Card, We are also being nominated for the Federal National Blue Ribbon Award that is given to the 336 Schools from the US Department of Education. All schools listed as Exceptional can be found here
The board has published new policies regarding public forum and comments during meetings. For more information click here
News From Mr. Miller
Dear Mustang Family,
On January 21, after a great deal of anticipation, I received access to Iowa Department of Education’s State Report Card for Iowa Schools. These Iowa Assessment scores reflect Murray student performance during the 2018-2019 school year. I was very optimistic that our students would perform well based on activities that I observed throughout the school year.
It is my honor to report that our students and staff met and exceeded all expectations. Murray Elementary received a rating of Exceptional, which placed them in the top 1.93% of all 1295 school buildings tested. Only 25 buildings in the state of Iowa received an Exceptional rating, with Murray Elementary ranked 6th overall. To say that I am proud of this achievement would be an understatement.
On Friday January 31st I received a phone call from Iowa Dept. of Education congratulating us on our outstanding success. In addition, they informed me that they will be nominating the elementary for the Federal National Blue Ribbon Award. Each year, the US Dept. of Education selects 326 schools nationwide for this recognition. Finalists will be selected and notified in the fall of 2020. We are humbled to receive this nomination and take great pride in the education we offer Murray students.
This would not have been possible without our outstanding students, staff, parents, school board members, and substitute teachers. Murray CSD excels in academics, is financially stable and viable, and has great facilities. Thank you all for everything you do to support our Mustang Family. I’m proud of you all!
Murray Community School District Superintendent
Annual Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
The Murray Community School offers career and technical programs in the following service areas:
Program offerings and areas of study are defined as the six service areas:
- Secondary Vocational Agriculture
- Business Commerce General
- General Health Occupations
It is the policy of the Murray Community District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district’s Equity Coordinator, Alan Miller, Superintendent, 216 Sherman St. Murray, IA 50174, 641-447-2517, email@example.com.
The notice may include: Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov)